We are supported by the Ivybridge team of school nurses (even if you live in Plympton, as we are a Devon school). If you want to find out more about the help they can offer, follow the link below or ring them on 898280. They can help on a range of issues for school-age children, in particular bedwetting, feeding and weight issues. If you need any help to make a referral please ask Mrs McLoughlin or ring the nursing team on 01752 898280.
We believe that our mental health is as important as our physical health, look here to see the 'Take Ten' we have adopted for the school. We are taking part in Devon's EH4MH project (early help for mental health).
We take a pride in being a physically active school, with Forest School, active playtimes and dance, gym and games sessions and we regularly take part in inter-school festivals and competitions. One of our TAs is a qualified gymnastics coach. We aim to show an improvement against the following 5 key DfE indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Our report on the spending of the Sports Premium can be read on our key documents page.
Relationships, Health and Sex Education
Please click on the box below to see the content of our RSHE programme (we subscribe to Kapow learning). Further information is given to parents in each year group and parents of older children will be given the opportunity to attend a meeting and view material, see also the policy on our policies and documents page.