Some at home, some at school, but still plenty of learning
Post date: Jun 17, 2020 5:33:35 PM
For the past couple of weeks, we have some year 6s in school as well as learning at home. It is another change that the children (and adults!) have been responding to really well. In school, the classroom looks different and the children can’t play together in the same way, but we’ve much more creative with how to work and play. Both at home and at school, we have been continuing with plenty of English, maths, science, PSHE, PE, and Spanish. I have enjoyed seeing work both in school and from home. Below is just a taste of some discussions and learning.
In PSHE lessons both at home and in school, Owls have been thinking about how they are responsible for their actions. We have explored the idea of self discipline and how other people may influence our choices in terms of what we think, do and say. Whilst many of the children recognise that they are responsible for themselves, they have thought about who may influence them positively and negatively. Here are some of ideas that have been shared with me:
- My parents influence how I see the world because they take me to new places that other people haven’t been.
- My friends influence how I treat others because they don’t want me to hurt other people’s feelings.
- My cousin influences what I enjoy doing because I like what he likes.
- My parents influence how I treat others because they know I’m nice and they treat me with kindness.
- My friends influence how I treat others because they tell me if I’m in the wrong or right.
Being aware of how others influence us is important as we get older. It is important to consider they way people and social media do this and to always ask ourselves. Am I doing this because I think it is right/ good?
We have been reading The Ickabog, an online book written by J.K. Rowling. We have been making some predictions and producing our own pieces of art as there are currently no illustrations. What do you think? What do you think the characters look like?